Whether it be integrated ducting design, refrigeration cycles with complicated refrigerations or costing calculations Flownex simulation environment is the perfect tool to effortlessly execute all the above tasks and a lot more.
Flownex is the ideal simulation environment to design and optimise your integrated HVAC system.
DESIGN & OPTIMIZE ADVANCED HVAC SYSTEMS
Flownex Simulation Environment provides you with a complete solution tool to design an HVAC system and its components for precise temperature, humidity and pressure requirements. The optimisation of unique HVAC systems can easily be done through Flownex SE to achieve the optimum flow distribution and maximum energy efficiency. Our product offers a comprehensive thermodynamics and flow solver as well as an extensive HVAC component library and advanced fluid models for almost any HVAC component design or system layout. Common use cases include:
- Investigate the effect of varying environmental conditions on room conditions (such as relative humidity, wet bulb and dry bulb temperature) and evaluate the effectiveness of possible design changes.
- Include the effect of heat loads such as occupation numbers, IT equipment or building thermal environment in your HVAC system design.
- Size restrictors and dampers to obtain the required flow distribution in complex systems such as high speed railway passenger car air conditioning systems.
- Design and optimise efficiency of vapour compression and refrigeration cycles.
- Perform cooling tower sizing using industry standard heat transfer models.
- Calculate fan sizes to meet specific room air volume flow requirements.
- Perform a costing analysis for building ventilation and cooling systems.
IMPROVE OVERALL SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
When improving the efficiency of a system, it is essential to consider all the subsystems that interact. For thermal management systems this includes main air streams, chilled water streams, cooling towers, heat exchangers, refrigeration cycles and perhaps most importantly – control systems. Flownex provides the capabilities to simulate all of these subsystems allowing you to be confident that a change in one subsystem will be compatible with all other subsystems and improve the system overall performance. Common use cases include:
- Optimise thermal management system design to reduce energy cost in data centres.
- Evaluate different control strategies for Air Handling Unit operation in data centre cooling applications.
- Assess different heat recovery techniques to quantify cost savings for large integrated industrial systems as found in mining processes, power generation plants, etc.
INVESTIGATE RISKS AND PERFORM DESIGN SAFETY
Flownex SE is ASME NQA-1 compliant and is developed using an ISO9001:2015 certified quality management system. What this means for engineers is that the software is developed to a very high quality standard and can be used to carry out accurate safety and risk studies. Furthermore, Flownex SE can also be used to demonstrate the safety of new designs when submitting to regulatory bodies. Capabilities such as contaminant tracking and mixed fluid models enable engineers to investigate accident scenarios and provide insights into the effectiveness of key safety systems. Common use cases include:
- Track the spread of contaminants in ventilation systems in the nuclear plants.
- Analyse the capabilities of a system to maintain negative pressure environments in the event of accident scenarios.
- Investigate the time to ventilate explosion byproduct gasses in a mining environment.