Flownex® SE simultaneously solves pressure drop, heat transfer and windage power transfer for the connected components of a complete system in both steady-state and transient simulations. These capabilities enable engineers to analyse and design combustion chambers, secondary air systems, blade cooling flows, lubrication systems with oil-air mixtures, as well as overall engine integration and operation.
See below more detailed applications where Flownex is used.
SECONDARY & COOLANT FLOW
- Combustion product gas composition calculation.
- Combustion process adiabatic flame temperature calculation.
- Flow distribution between cooling slots and main flow path.
- Thermal capacitance in solids for transient modeling.
- Axial (2D) conduction.
- Jet impingement cooling.
- Film convection heat transfer.
- Solid-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Gas-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Convection heat transfer.
GAS TURBINE & LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- Calculate two-phase pressure drop
- Supply pump and scavenge pump integration
- Determine oil sump size and oil level
- Flow through labyrinth seals
- Bearing housing
- Air vent
GAS TURBINE INTEGRATED SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- Applicable to both industrial and aero-derivative turbine systems.
- Perform power matching.
- Simulate transient events such as start-up or load change.
- Calculate surge margins for compressors.
- Determine heat-exchanger performance.
- Expansion thrust calculation.
- Multiple shafts speeds using a gearbox connection.
- Integrate with auxiliary systems.
FIND OUT HOW FLOWNEX® can assist you in your INDUSTRY
RAPID PRELIMINARY COMBUSTOR DESIGN USING A FLOW NETWORK APPROACH
– B. du Toit & S. Theron
STUDIES ON PART LOAD CONTROLLED COOLING AIR SUPPLIES IN STATIONARY GAS TURBINES
– D. Woelki, J. Foret & D. Peitsch