Optimize the preliminary design process by obtaining fast and accurate design results. Flownex Simulation Environment is the perfect tool to model turbine secondary flow systems, combustion, flow and heat transfer.
Flownex® SE simultaneously solves pressure drop, heat transfer and windage power transfer for the connected components of a complete system in both steady-state and transient simulations. These capabilities enable engineers to analyse and design combustion chambers, secondary air systems, blade cooling flows, lubrication systems with oil-air mixtures, as well as overall engine integration and operation.
See below more detailed applications where Flownex is used.
SECONDARY & COOLANT FLOW
- Combustion product gas composition calculation.
- Combustion process adiabatic flame temperature calculation.
- Flow distribution between cooling slots and main flow path.
- Thermal capacitance in solids for transient modeling.
- Axial (2D) conduction.
- Jet impingement cooling.
- Film convection heat transfer.
- Solid-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Gas-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Convection heat transfer.
GAS TURBINE & LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- Calculate two-phase pressure drop
- Supply pump and scavenge pump integration
- Determine oil sump size and oil level
- Flow through labyrinth seals
- Bearing housing
- Air vent
GAS TURBINE INTEGRATED SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- Applicable to both industrial and aero-derivative turbine systems.
- Perform power matching.
- Simulate transient events such as start-up or load change.
- Calculate surge margins for compressors.
- Determine heat-exchanger performance.
- Expansion thrust calculation.
- Multiple shafts speeds using a gearbox connection.
- Integrate with auxiliary systems.