We have launched our latest update of Flownex® SE for 2018.
Some of our major enhancements is adding a thermostat and thermostat bypass component, scale drawing measurements, liquid mixtures and more.
LIST OF ENHANCEMENTS
Thermostat & Thermostat Bypass
Scale Drawing Measurements
The scale drawing functionality has been expanded. A scale drawing ribbon was added to the toolbar with all the scale drawing related functionality.
The user can specify the scale and coordinate system of an imported drawing with two known coordinates on the drawing canvas. This allows the drawing origin to be away from the zero-point on the axis and also simplifies specifying the scale. The drawing scale and coordinate system can be changed at any time and the components will be scaled accordingly.
Point and line measurements can be drawn on top of the imported picture. The line will determine the correct lengths and coordinates from the scale and coordinate system of the imported drawing.
The coordinates of the points and length of each line can be connected to any input fields on components. They are connected without data transfer links to avoid cluttering the drawing canvas.
Fields associated with the measurements are greyed out. Moving the points or lines will update the coordinates and lengths while keeping the associated fields updated.
The point and line measurements or the components and links drawn on top of a scale drawing picture can be hidden and shown when required with the buttons on the Scale Drawings ribbon tab. The opacity of the background picture can be changed to make it easy to see the measurements on the drawing. The opacity slider on the toolbar is used for this.
Global Parameter Displays on Drawing Canvas
Right-clicking on any property in the input or result grid will display a context menu with a new option called “Display on Canvas”. This allows the user to choose the location where to display this property for all components of the same type. The same context menu of the relevant property on the property grid is used to remove what is displayed on the Drawing canvas.
In the configuration screen, the user can change the advanced configuration options like the number of significant digits, or whether the caption should be displayed.
The Scripts can be debugged if a debugger is installed on the computer. Visual Studio is recommended for debugging. The Debug button is located on the Script editor.
After clicking the Debug button then the user will be prompted to select which debugger to use.
A breakpoint can be placed in the relevant function requiring debugging and the run button can be pressed in the debugger to continue. The debugger will break as soon as your chosen line of code is hit.
Specify Drawing Grid Spacing
The size of the grid on the drawing canvas can be changed on the page inputs. To access the page inputs right-click on a page and choose “Edit Page” on the context menu.
Change Location of Identifier and Description Text
The location of the display can be changed in the project settings under “Drawing Text Settings”.
Added Button to Copy Used Data References to Project Database
A button was added enabling the user to copy all the charts and lookup tables from the databases located in the project to the project database. This is useful when using a company database and it is necessary to send a project to another user that does not have that database.
Added Confrim Delete Dialogon Data References & Categories
The user will be asked for confirmation before deleting a data references to prevent accidental deletions.
Master Database Location
Added friction factor and flow area to Detailed Reactor Output file.
The Python resource files have been updated. Firstly, a getting started guide has been added to assist new users with installing Python and installing the required libraries for using the Flownex API. Another example has also been added to show how Python can be used to automatically build a network from a CSV-file using the API. Furthermore, the Flownex.py file has been updated to automatically determine your Flownex install directly from the registry entries created when Flownex is installed.
The Cooling orifice was removed and will be replaced with a Nozzle in the existing networks.
- Fixed the problem when pasting a component the component was not always placed at the location where the preview showed.
- Changed the Ctrl+Drag+Copy mechanism to work the same way as other software.
- Fixed the problem where background image selection for graphs did not work.
- Fixed the problem when first Copy-Paste and then undoing of components on geometries left viewless components in the project.
- Fixed the problem where the Find dialog did not open the property page for components on closed pages (it appeared that multi edit did not work).
- Fixed the problem when specifying an end time on the main scenario in actions causing the user interface to freeze.
- Fixed the problem where the solid material selection drop down box freezes in the general fuel zone in the Nuclear reactor component.
- Fixed the problem when specifying fractions in the general fuel zone where double precision numbers did not exactly add up to 1.0 for Total solid fraction and Total heat fraction.
- Fixed the problems when the solution produced NaN results for moderator temperature and reactivity when moderator fraction is set to 0.0.
- Fixed convergence criteria for the Two-phase tank component where solving seemed to have converged whilst still solving to converge the Two-phase tank component.
- Fixed the problem causing the Flow resistance component not to solve when the initial pressure drop is zero.
- Fixed the problem with the loading of snaps for non-circular pipes and number in parallel not set to unity.
- Fixed the problem with liquid-gas mixtures during transients with Two-phase tank component not solving.
- Added a mass fraction relaxation parameter to solver inputs for liquid-gas mixtures.
Flow Solver Components
- Fixed an error in the Reynolds number calculation for Orifice in pipe transition component.
- Fixed the problem where the mass fraction boundaries are not correctly applied when specified in the first time step of a transient when changing setting from mass source fraction to mass fraction boundary.
- Added a warning when the British standard orifice’s solution is in the two-phase regime.
- Added a warning when two-phase conditions exist at an element outlet when exit temperature is specified.
Download full release notes here.