The Flownex Designer
Flownex features a designer functionality where automatic calculation of component sizes and capacities are possible to obtain a specified or number of specified system operating conditions. For instance, to determine the orifice sizes for flow balancing in a system or determining the shaft speed or turbine guide vane angle in a power matched turbo-unit. A first generation direct design facility allows the automatic calculation of component and equipment sizes and capacities to obtain a specified system operating condition. In essence, the Flownex Designer allows the Flownex user to achieve the desired result or state by varying a related parameter.
In order to design a system, users will vary dependent variables between a minimum and maximum value to achieve the desired results, these variables include any adjustable component parameter in a simulation, such as
- Mass flows
- Heat transfer
- Rotational speed
- Power output
- Change valve openings to achieve the desired mass flow & pressure drop through system.
- Determine pipe diameters & roughness to achieve required pressure drop.
- Determine wall thickness to achieve desired heat loss to the atmosphere.
- Determine pipe lengths to achieve sufficient heat transfer.
Turbo Units & Pumps:
- You can optimize your pump speed to achieve a specific mass flow.
- Scale turbines & compressors to achieve desired efficiency & power output.