Flownex® enabled engineers to analyze the complete fuel system and its components in an efficient and accurate way, providing them with peace of mind that the final system design is safe, reliable and conforms to customer requirements.Jaco Gouws - Aerosud
Integrated combustion chamber design & optimization including coolant flow.
- Combustion product gas composition calculation.
- Combustion process adiabatic flame temperature calculation.
- Flow distribution between cooling slots and main flow path.
- Thermal capacitance in solids for transient modeling.
- Linear and solid conduction heat transfer.
- Axial (2D) conduction.
- Jet impingement cooling.
- Film convection heat transfer.
- Solid-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Gas-Solid radiation heat transfer.
- Convection heat transfer.
SECONDARY & COOLANT FLOW:
Internal cooling system pressure, flowrate, power and heat transfer distribution for ensuring effective film cooling on hot surfaces.
- Swirl calculation through integrated swirl solver.
- Labyrinth seal pressure drop calculation.
- Rotor-Rotor pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Rotor-Stator pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Free Vortex pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Forced Vortex pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Rotating nozzle pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Rotating channel pressure differential and power transfer calculation.
- Convection heat transfer between solids and cooling air.
GAS TURBINE INTEGRATED SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- Complete flexibility in system layout and configuration, therefore applicable to both industrial as well as aero-derivative turbine systems.
- Perform power matching and determine operating points on compressor and turbine characteristics.
- Simulate transient events such as start-up or load change.
- Calculate surge margins for compressors.
- Determine heat-exchanger performance.
- Expansion thrust calculation.
- Multiple shafts speeds modeled through a gearbox connection.
- Integrate with auxiliary systems.