- Calculating heat transfer and pressure drop for various geometries: finned tube, shell and tube, tube-in-tube, plate heat exchangers.
- Calculating the heating or cooling requirement for various processes: evaporation, condensation or temperature control.
- Calculation of natural circulation evaporator recirculation rate.
- Simulation of transient behavior for startup, shut-down or process upset conditions.
- Calculation of temperatures and boiling pressure drop.
- Calculation of metal temperature change rates during transients.
INTEGRATED SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage and handling.
- Interaction between pipeline flow/pressure and the pump/turbine set including its control.
- Cryogenic system thermal fluid analysis using two-phase flow tanks, pressure drop, heat transfer, incondensable gas mixtures etc.
- Simulation of refrigeration systems for cryogenic cooling during natural gas liquefaction.
- Natural gas liquefaction.
- Design of gas venting and inventory control systems.
- Simulation of gas turbine driven pipeline booster pumps.
- Simulation or system integration of gas turbine driven compressors for natural gas liquefaction.
- Pipe system pressure control design