- Analysis of natural circulation boiling sections.
- Modeling and design of the heat transfer between the gas and steam side of a heat exchanger.
- Modeling of the complete system, including superheaters, economizers, evaporators, pumps, turbines, etc.
- Adaptable modeling approach according to the required level of detail.
- Assists in proper and economical design for the expected operational conditions.
- Determine rates of change in material temperatures.
- Evaluate control philosophy.
- Determine plant power ramp rates.
- Detection of unwanted operating conditions involving:
- Boiling oscillations.
- Departure of Nucleate Boiling (DNB)
- Evaluation of off-design or accident scenarios.
- Evaluation of temperature gradient during start-up.
- Evalution of start-up, shut down and load changes.
- Flow stability analysis.
- Flow distribution.
- Balancing of flow in parallel paths.